UPSC Recruitment 2018 For 70 Post Of CGS & Geologist On 16 Apr 2018
UPSC Recruitment Job 2018
UPSC Recruitment 2018 70 CGS & Geologist Posts at www.upsc.gov.in:
- Organization Name: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Employment Category: Central Govt Jobs
- Total No. of Vacancies: 70
- Job Location: All Over India
Latest UPSC Vacancy Details:
Name of the Post & No of Vacancies:
UPSC Invites Applications for the Following Posts
Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines).
- Geologist, Group A – 24 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A – 17 Posts
- Chemist. Group A – 06 Posts
Category II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
- (i) Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A – 23 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Vacancy 2018:
- For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India
- Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geo sciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geo chemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956)
- For Geo physicists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India
- M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- For Chemists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University
- (a) For Junior Hydrgeologists (Scientist B), Group ‘A’ in Central Ground Water Board.
- (a) Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- (b) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University. Note: Candidate possessing common qualifications in (i) (a) & (ii) (a) can apply for both the categories.
Age Limit: (As on 01.01.2018)
- For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’) in the Geological Survey of India, an attached office of Ministry of Mines, Government of India: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January, 2018] i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1986 and not later than 1st January 1997.
- For Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A) in Central Ground water Board, Ministry of Water Resources:- Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 35 years on 1s t January 2018 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2n d January 1983 and not later than 1s t January 1997.
The Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC, 10 Years for Persons with Disabilities (15 years for SC/ST PWD’s & 13 years for OBC PWD’s) and for Ex-S as per Govt. of India rules. Candidates Relaxation in Upper Age limit will be provided as per Govt. Rules. Go through UPSC official Notification 2018 for more reference
Selection Procedure for UPSC CGS & Geologist:
- Candidates will be selected based on Written Examination, Interview/ Personality Test
Exam Fee / Application Fee Details for UPSC CGS & Geologist:
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/-(Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
How to Apply for UPSC Application Form:
- Candidates satisfying the above eligibility conditions Use Following Procedure Given Below to Apply Online:
- Log on to UPSC Careers Page at official website to www.upsc.gov.in
- Eligible candidates are advised to open Notification
- Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
- Click on the link New Registration
- Fill your Academic Qualification & Other Related Information as per the instructions
- Ensure the information provided is correct
- Submit the application & Make Payments
- Take a print out of UPSC Recruitment 2018 online application form
UPSC CGS & Geologist Posts Important Dates:
- Starting Date for Submission of Application: 21.03.2018
- Last date for Submission of Application: 16.04.2018
- Date of Examination: 29th June, 2018
RRB Exam Offers Course Pack
TNPSC EXAM Subject Wise Online Test
TNPSC GROUP 2A COMPLETE MATERIALS + ONLINE TEST + VIDEOS + CURRENT AFFAIRS
TN Police Materials TET Paper II Science TET Paper II Social Science Group 2A Materials TNPSC CCSE 4 Exam Course TNPSC Group VIII Course Pack TNPSC Assistant Jailor Tamil Video Course