Summits and Meetings 2017 – TNPSC CCSE IV Exam Notes
Summits and Meetings 2017 – TNPSC CCSE IV Exam Notes
- 136th mega conference of world parliamentarians held in Dhaka (Bangaldesh), Organized by Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU).
- 19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference held at Forest Research Institute at Dehradun (Uttarakhand). India Hosted It for Second time after 1968.
- 3rd Global Exhibition on Services (GES-2017) inaugurated at India Expo Mart (Greater Noida). It is aimed at highlighting India’s potential to boost its services exports across sectors.
- India’s services exports were $146.5 billion in First 11 Months of 2016-17. IT and softwares accounted for 48% of overall services exports of India.
- 52nd Annual Meeting of African Development Bank held in New Delhi.
- All India Seminar on Economic Reforms With Reference to Electoral Issues organised by Confederation of Indian Bar in New Delhi.
- G20 Digital Ministerial Meeting held in Dusseldorf (Germany), attended by Ravi Shankar Prasad (Minister for Electronics & IT and Law and Justice).
- Government will organize 4th National Standards Conclave at New Delhi in First Week of May 2017.
- International Road federation (IRF) chosen India as host of 18th World Road Meeting, to be held on November 13, 2017. Theme of this year’s WRM is Safe Roads and Smart Mobility: The Engines of Economic Growth.
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Finance Ministers’ meeting held in New Delhi.
- Special envoys of BRICS Nations Met in Vizag (Andhra Pradesh), to discuss volatile situation in Syria and USA air strikes.
Meetings March 2017
- 12th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India Africa Project Partnership held in New Delhi.
- 13th Economic Co-operation Organisation (ECO) summit held in Islamabad (Pakistan).
- 23rd Conference of Auditors General of Commonwealth Countries and British Overseas Held in Delhi.
- 3rd World Conference on Environment organized by National Green Tribunal in New Delhi.
- 3rd G20 Framework Working Group (FWG) meeting held in Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh). While, finance ministers and central bank chiefs from G20 nations met in Germany recently.
- 4th Annual Devolution Conference held in Kenya. Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Arjun Ram Meghwal attended on India’a Behalf.
- Canada will host 9th World Environmental Education Congress (WEEC) in Vancouver in September 2017, with themeCulture/Environment: Weaving New Connections.
- First commonwealth summit focused on stimulating trade within the group held in London (UK). Commerce Secretary, Rita A Teotia is Indian representative at the event.
- India hosted 13th Executive Committee (ExCo) Meeting of the International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN) in Gurugram (Haryana).
- Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Leaders’ Summit held in Jakarta (Indonesia), with theme Strengthening Maritime Cooperation for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Indian Ocean. Vice President Hamid Ansari attended on India’s Behalf.
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology in collaboration with United Nations University and UNESCO organized 10th ICEGOV 2017 (International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance) in Delhi, with Theme Building Knowledge Societies: From Digital Government to Digital Empowerment.
Meetings Feb 2017
- 4th India CLMV (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam) Business Conclave held in Jaipur (Rajasthan).
- 17th International Seminar on Counter Terrorism organised by National Security Guard, in Manesar (Haryana).
- 2 day South Asian Speakers Summit held at Indore (Madhya Pradesh).
- 2017 Indian Seed Congress held in Kolkata (West Bengal) with theme Seed of Joy.
- 23rd International Conference and Exhibition on Terrestrial & Satellite Broadcasting held in New Delhi with theme Hybrid Technologies in Broadcasting – New Opportunities.
- 2nd International Spice Conference held at Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) with theme21st Century Spice Industry-Disrupt or be Disrupted.
- 3rd National Dam Safety Conference organized by Central Water Commission in association with Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam and IIT Roorkee at Roorkee (Uttarakhand).
- 4th BIMSTEC Summit 2017 will be held in Nepal.
- BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative on Multi Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) is sub-regional group of 7 countries lying along areas of Bay of Bengal – India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka from South Asia and Myanmar, Thailand from South East Asia.
- 9th BRICS Summit’s first Sherpas Meeting held in Nanjing (China) with theme BRICS: Stronger Partnership for a Brighter Future.
- China will host 2017 BRICS Summit in September 2017 with theme Stronger Partnership for a Brighter Future, in Xiamen City.
- First National Women’s Parliament held at Pavithra Sangamam in Amravati, Andhra Pradesh.
- GST Council approved a law to compensate states for any loss of revenue from implementation of the new nationwide indirect taxation regime of Goods and Services Tax. Meeting was held in Udaipur (Rajasthan) first time outside Delhi.
- National Biodiversity Congress (NBC) 2017 held in Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) with theme Mainstreaming Biodiversity for Sustainable Development.
- World CSR congress held in Mumbai. On this 0ccasion, Tata Steel’s Katamati iron mine has been honoured with the Best Green Organisation of Year Award, in recognition of its environmental protection measures.
- World Integrated Medicine Forum on Regulation of Homeopathic Medicinal Products held in New Delhi.
- Osmania University (Hyderabad) will host 105th Indian Science Congress (ISC) in January 2018 with theme Science and Technology–Reaching the Unreached.
- Second Annual Meeting of Beijing Based New Development Bank (NDB) held in New Delhi.
- Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama inaugurated International Conference on Buddhism in 21st Century at Rajgir (Bihar).
- United Nations Conference to create Legally Binding Instrument to Prohibit Nuclear Weapons held in bNew York (USA). India did not participate in it.
Meetings Jan 2017
- 16th meeting of Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) was held in New Delhi.
- Central Government established Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) in December 2010 with Finance Minister as Chairman. Idea to create FSDC was first mooted by the Raghuram Rajan Committee on Financial Sector Reforms in 2008.
- 2017 Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Partnership Summit Held in Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh).
- 2nd International conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Device sector -India Pharma & India Medical Device-2017will be held in February 2017 in Bengaluru (Karnataka).
- 2nd Ministry of External Affairs’ annual Raisina Dialogue (Flagship geo-political conference) held in New Delhi with themeThe New Normal: Multilateralism in a multipolar world.
- All India Waqf Conference (Conference of Chiefs of of State Waqf Boards) Held in New Delhi.
- Global forum for Food & Agriculture and G-20 agriculture ministers meeting held in Germany, attended by Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh.
- International Conference on Disability Communication: Perspectives and Challenges in the 21st Century held in Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- International Conference on Yoga for Diabetes held in New Delhi.
- International conference for peace talks between Israel and Palestinians held in Paris (France).
- Island Tourism Festival 2017 held at Port Blair, capital of Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) organized National Meet on Grassroot Informatics at India Habitat Centre in New Delhi.
- New Delhi World Book Fair held at Pragati Maidan with Theme Manushi – Books Written on and by Women.
- Regional Conference of Labour Ministers of Southern States held in Chennai (Tamil Nadu). While, Regional Labour Conference of North-Eastern Region held in Guwahati.
RRB Exam Offers Course Pack
TNPSC EXAM Subject Wise Online Test
TNPSC GROUP 2A COMPLETE MATERIALS + ONLINE TEST + VIDEOS + CURRENT AFFAIRS
TN Police Materials TET Paper II Science TET Paper II Social Science Group 2A Materials TNPSC CCSE 4 Exam Course TNPSC Group VIII Course Pack TNPSC Assistant Jailor Tamil Video Course