Highlights Of Health Index Of India – 2018
Recently NITI Aayog released Health index of different states of India.
- Name of the report- ‘Healthy States, Progressive India: Report on Rank of States and Union Territories.
- Released by-NITI Aayog
- Number of indicators used-3
- First rank (among larger states)-Kerala
- Among the smaller states, Mizoram ranked first followed by Manipur and Goa.
- Among Union Territories or UTs, Lakshadweep recorded the best overall performance among Union Territories, followed by Chandigarh and Delhi.
- The index ranked Jharkhand at the top among states that have shown the best year-on-year improvement.
Health Index-NITI Aayog:
NITI Aayog released Health index of India in a report called ‘Healthy States, Progressive India: Report on Rank of States and Union Territories.
For the purpose of rankings, three indicators are used by NITI Aayog. They are
- Health Outcomes (70 percent)
- Governance and Information (12 percent) and
- Key Inputs and Processes (18 percent),
With each domain assigned a weight based on its importance.
Performance on indicators such as Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR), Under-five Mortality Rate (U5MR), full immunisation coverage, institutional deliveries, and People Living with HIV (PLHIV) on Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) was taken into account.
To ensure comparison among similar entities NITI Aayog classified territories of India into three categories —
- larger states,
- Smaller States and
- Rajasthan, Bihar and Odisha are among those which have performed poorly on the index.
- Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh ranked in top three states in terms of annual incremental performance.
Challenges in the health sector as per index:
The Aayog identified some common challenges across states such as
- establishment of functional district Cardiac Care Units,
- quality accreditation of public health facilities and
- Institutionalization of Human Resources Management Information System.
- Almost all larger states need to focus on improving the Sex Ratio at Birth.
TNPSC EXAM Subject Wise Online Test
TNPSC GROUP 2A COMPLETE MATERIALS + ONLINE TEST + VIDEOS + CURRENT AFFAIRS
TN Police Materials TET Paper II Science TET Paper II Social Science Group 2A Materials TNPSC CCSE 4 Exam Course TNPSC Group VIII Course Pack TNPSC Assistant Jailor Tamil Video Course