Digital Schemes Launched by Government of India
Digital Schemes Launched by Government of India
- Digital India is an initiative launched by the Government of India. The main aim of Digital India is to ensure that Government services are made available to citizens electronically by improved online infrastructure and by increasing Internet connectivity or by making the country digitally empowered in the field of technology but there exists a huge digital divide in India.
It is based on three key areas –
- Digital Infrastructure as a Utility to Every Citizen
- Governance & Services on Demand and
- Digital Empowerment of Citizens
Digital Saksharta Abhiyan
- The government has launched National digital literacy mission or digital saksharta Abhiyan to promote digital literacy under digital India.
- The scheme has been launched to provide IT training to 52.5 lakh persons, including Anganwadi and ASHA workers and authorised ration dealers in all the States and Union Territories across the India so that the non-IT literate citizens are trained to become IT literate.
- This helps to enable them to actively and effectively participate in the democratic and developmental process and also enhance their livelihood.
- As continuance of the scheme government has launched PMGDISHA.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan-PMGDISHA
- The objective of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan is to make six crore persons in rural areas, across States and Union Territories digitally literate. The target of the scheme is to cover 40% rural households by giving training to one member from each family by 31st March 2019.
- The scheme aimed at imparting digital literacy among the people residing in rural areas. It is an important initiative under government’s vision of ‘Digital India’ that intends at making one person in every family digitally literate.
- 25 lakh candidates will be trained in the FY 2016-17
- 275 lakh in the FY 2017-18; and
- 300 lakh in the FY 2018-19.
Some of the features of the scheme are:
- To ensure equitable geographical reach, each of the 250,000 Gram Panchayats would be expected to register an average of 200-300 candidates.
- Illiterate people between the age group 14-60 years, nominated from every eligible rural household, are qualified for the scheme.
- The Scheme aims to reduce the digital divide and empowering citizens by specifically targeting the rural population including the marginalized sections of society like Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Minorities, Below Poverty Line (BPL), women and differently-abled persons and minorities.
- Ministry of electronics and information technology will implement the scheme with states and union territories. It will train individuals on performing cashless transactions through mobile phones, digital wallets, mobile banking, unified payments interface (UPI) and Aadhaar enabled payment system (AEPS).
- PRAGATI is an interactive platform launched Indian government for public grievances redressal.
- It is aimed at monitoring and reviewing programs and projects of the Government of India as well as state government initiatives and also addressing common man’s grievances.
- This step is expected to make governance in India more efficient and responsive.
- A ‘Digi Gaon’ initiative, is launched to provide telemedicine, education and skills through digital technology
- UMANG means Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance
- It is one of the key initiatives under the Digital India program to develop a common, unified platform and mobile app to facilitate a single point of access to all government services.
- It is envisaged to act as a master application, which will integrate 200 applications which will offer around 1,200 services of various government departments of the Centre, states and local bodies, and even some important utility services from the private sector.
- The main objective of UMANG is to curtail the inconvenience faced by users in managing multiple mobile applications and facilitate as one-stop-solution to avail varied government services.
- The government also started world’s largest rural broadband connectivity project known as Bharat Net. Under Bharat Net, the government has laid 155,000 km of optic fibre cable till date
- Government also proposed a Digital Depository for school leaving certificates, as a part of its Digital India initiative, to be a one-stop house for storing all education-related certificates of schools and colleges.
- The main aim of SWAYAM initiative is to provide knowledge to the students.
- It aims to cover the digital divide for students who have until now remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
- It contains all the subject courses which are taught in classrooms from 9th class till post-graduation to be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time.
Digital Locker facility
- Digital Locker facility is launched by the Government of India. It permits users to store scanned copied of their documents such as passports, PAN cards and driving licences.
- The site is secured and allows users to access their documents using the cloud.
- This initiative eliminates the need for people to carry the hard copies of the certificates issued by states, municipal agencies, and other bodies. Birth certificates, school and college leaving certificates, residence and marriage proof, and even PAN cards will be digitized.
- This is one of the popular initiative launched by government of India. Twitter Samvad enable the citizens to be the first to know about new government initiatives and actions.
- It is a service that lets leaders and government agencies communicate with the people through tweets and SMS.
- BHIM- Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM)
- It is an app that makes payment transactions simple, easy and quick using Unified Payments Interface (UPI). It enables direct bank to bank payments instantly and collect money using a Mobile number or Payment address.
- SWIFT means SINGLE WINDOW INTERFACE FOR TRADE
- This initiative was launched as a part of Ease of Doing Business” initiatives. It provides all clearances of the project through single window.
- It is launched by the CBEC (Central Board of Excise and Customs) and it has taken up implementation of the Single Window Project to facilitate the Trading across Borders in India.
- The main objective of SWIFT is to reduce interface with Governmental agencies, save time and the cost of doing business.
- Sugamaya Pustakalaya” is an online platform for books launched Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with member organizations of Daisy Forum of India and powered by TCS Access.
- It makes accessible content available to print-disabled people. The library houses publications across diverse subjects and languages and multiple accessible formats.
- Jeevan Pramaan- a biometric-enabled digital service for pensioners
- Jeevan Pramaan is an initiative for pensioners launched by union government.
- The main aim of the scheme is to provide digital service for pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization by using biometrics.
- The new service issues a digital version of life certificate for pensioners to validate at the year-end without physical presence in the pension offices.
- AEPS-Aadhar Enabled Payment system
- This application is used to make payments and transactions at point of sale machines (Micro ATMs) by using Aadhar Authentication.
To Join Telegram Channel
அரசுத் தேர்வில் எளிமையாகக் கற்க மற்றும் 100% வெற்றி பெற வேண்டுமா ?
இதோ மாணவனின் TNPSC Course Pack....
இந்த Course Pack – ல் அடங்குபவை
மாணவனின் பாடக்குறிப்புக்களின் சிறப்புக்கூறுகள்:
- பாடம் வாரியான பாடக்குறிப்புகள் (Subject Wise Study Materials)
- வினா விடை (300 Online Test)
- தமிழ் இலக்கணம் வீடியோ (Tamil Ilakkanam Videos)
- கணிதம் வீடியோ (Maths Videos)
- நடப்பு நிகழ்வுகள் (Current Affairs)
- சமச்சீர்கல்வி பாட குறிப்புகள்
- பாடம் வாரியாக வீடியோ குறிப்புகள்
- 2000 பக்கமுடைய PDF பாடக்குறிப்புகள்
To Join Telegram Channel